MIDI to USB Cable
If you’re looking for an inexpensive MIDI to USB cable to buy in order to send music from your digital piano to your computer system, look no further. These types of cables usually cost upwards of $30 or more, but there is a much cheaper alternative available and I’ve detailed it below.
It does everything the more expensive ones do at a fraction of the cost, so not only will you save money, you can also start recording and mixing music onto your computer from your favorite MIDI device.
MIDI to USB Cable – The Quick Facts:
- The cable will work on Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7, as well as MAC OS X
- Simple to set up – just plug it in. It is powered over USB, so an AC adapter is not required
- Cable has 1 MIDI in and 1 MIDI out connection. 16 input and 16 output
- LED light shows when cable is powered
- Signal transmission indicator flashes when cable is sending and receiving MIDI data
- Cord is longer than 5 feet
I came across one point of confusion from owners while researching this cable. The cable’s ‘OUT’ connector needs to be hooked into your MIDI device’s ‘IN’ port and vice versa, which is counter-intuitive. Once they did this, they were good to go.
Here are recent comments from people who have purchased this cable:
“I plugged it in, my computer recognized it, I started transmitting MIDI. Simple…”
“Worked just fine for me and was a lot cheaper than others I looked at…”
If you’re looking to save money on a MIDI to USB cable, this one is a good choice. The customer feedback is positive. Here’s a link to the product page at Amazon if you are interested: MIDI to USB Cable at Amazon
(some links here are sponsored affiliate links. The owner makes commission if you buy after clicking these links. The owner is not a bona fide user of this product, but has thoroughly researched it and provided his personal opinion only)